5/13/11

Common x White House


I woke up with the sunshine

A sunshine I had never seen

There was light at the end of it

Reminded me to forever dream

I was dreaming I walked into the White House

With love on my sleeve

And love for each and every one of you

Reminding you to believe

These are the words of a believer, achiever

Leader of the globe

feed the souls of those in need

I bleed the blood of the struggle

Walking over troubled puddles

The hustle is in my chest

No hustle no progress

Extremities of life in this process

The birth of a son

The death of another

With love I caress both mothers

And told ‘em whose in control is the one that’s above is

I walk where money talks and love stutters

The body language of a nation

Going though changes

The young become dangerous

Spent into anger

Anger gets sent through the chamber

It’s tough when your own look like strangers

We are the sons of gangsters and stone rangers

If he could how would Ernie Barnes paint us?

Look at the picture

It’s hard not to blame us

But time forgives in the Chi where the young die often

Do they end up in a coffin because we haven’t taught them?

Is it what we talkin’, we really ain’t walking

Dudes, hustlers, paid

How much did it cost them?

I find myself on the same corner that we lost them

Real talkin’ in their ear like a walkman

My thoughts been around the corner to the world

So when I see them I see my baby girl

The Lord lives among us

The youngest hunger, recover

Means to get it by anyways necessary under pressure

Children feeling lesser with the spill upon the dresser

Killer, willer aggressors

Destiny’s children, survivors, soldiers

In front of buildings their eyes look older

It’s hard to see blessings in a violent culture

Face against rappings

Sirens holsters – that ‘aint the way that Langston Hughes wrote us

So controllers on the shoulders of Moses

And Noah

We go from being Precious to Oprah

Cultivated to overcome

Ever since we came over

Seize the day in the way that you can see the determined

The soul that keeps burning. Shorty’s know to keep learning

Lessons in my life are like stripes that we earning

I took Grant’s advice that Christ is returning

Like a thief in the night

I write for beacons of light

For those of us in dark alleys and park valleys

Street hits spark valleys of the conscience

Conquerors of a contest

Even the unseen know that God watches

For one King’s dream he was able to Barack us

One King’s dream he was able to Barack us

One King’s dream he was able to Barack us

No comments: