Walk a Mile in Her Shoes - The International Men's March to Stop Rape, Sexual Assault and Gender Violence
Are you man enough to feel her pain?
First you walk the walk, then you talk the talk.
This is NOT just a woman's issue!
12:00 - 1:15 PM: Registration/Walking Practice, Team Pictures
1:15: Opening Remarks
1:30: START YOUR WALK
Prizes Awarded for:
Highest Pledges-Individual & Team
1st to Complete
Minimum Pledge Total $200
Reserve your spot by e-mail: email@example.com or call 905.855.0299 ext 24
Armagh is a not-for-profit Registered Charity 118789635RR0001
Woman Abuse is a widespread societal problem. It is a form of power and control. Woman abuse can take many forms. Women from all age groups, racial and ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientations, socio-economic classes, religions, ability levels and professions experience abuse. *all stats from pcawa.org
- 1 in 4 women will experience abuse in an intimate relationship in their lifetime
- 38% of sexually assaulted women were assaulted by their husbands, common-law partners, or boyfriends
- 21% of women abused in an intimate relationship are abused during pregnancy
- 40% of women with disabilities have been or are in an abusive relationship
- Only 26% of woman abuse incidents are reported to the police
In an average year, 78 women are killed by their husbands or partners
Costs to Society—Abuse Affects us All!
- Women who have experienced violence were three times more likely to take time off from their every day activities
- In 1995, the estimated annual health-related costs associated with violence against women were $1.5 billion
Shout out to the amazing Reesee Ziggazagga for the heads up.