11/22/08

I'm not the type to read long posts, thick books, long emails, long texts or long comments, i'm just too ADD'ed out to stay focused. For some reason i always read Janine's blog, shes a breath of fresh air, shes smart, she speaks how i think with less cussing and even if she writes 17 pages you best believe ima read that shit :) I was getting my daily dose from her blog and came across this post... "Over it... There comes a point in your life when you should no longer have to jump through flaming hoops to have a friendship with someone. Friendships are important, but you get to a point where you are either going to accept a person for who they are or you are not. To constantly be testing the strength of a bond is exhaustive and unnecessary. If I love you and I say you're my peoples...you're my peoples. I will have your back and if you need me, I'll be there. I'm not one of those people who has to be enmeshed in every aspect of my friends' lives. I think the best way to preserve a friendship is when the opposite of that is true. I'm lucky enough to have found girlfriends who understand the type of person I am and love me anyway. I offer them the same. And we offer this to each other, without condition, in spite of the fact that there are things about each of us that one or the other may not like or approve of. The idea of being a friend as long as the other person meets my strict standards is ludicrous and juvenile. The world isn't made up of people who do what you'd do or say what you'd say at every minute of the day. To expect such a thing would be like expecting to look into the face of a stranger and see your face reflected back. Narcissicism at its finest. I'm not perfect. Far from it. But I don't expect my friends to be any more or any less than who they are. Even if I deserved better treatment. When you didn't show up to my birthday dinner because you were visiting a sick friend in the hospital I could overlook that, even though common courtesy dictates a phone call to advise when you're going to be late or absent, but in the grand scheme of things...not a huge deal. When I missed the first 20 minutes of 'Wanted' because you couldn't tear yourself away from your phone over a situation there was no way for you to resolve in that moment. If it weren't for the fact that I had your ticket, I'd have gone in without you. But, ultimately, I overlooked that, too. But you? It seems like every chance you get you hijack the friendship threatening to terminate it if I don't behave a certain way. I don't have the time or the energy or the wherewithall to deal with that type of high school bullshit. Maybe we'll be friends...maybe we won't be any more than acquaintances. At this point, either way, I'm over it. "- Janine
She couldn't have said it better...my new found blogger bestest
This other post is one of my favorites "Dear Grace You had a cold sore on your lip today, so I couldn't go anywhere near your grill station. I feel like an asshole, but damn G...you couldn't cover that shit up?? I know cold sores happen, but you work in food service. You can't be serving up food and grossing people out at the same time. That shit is so public school cafeteria...and this is a multi million dollar corporation. Certain standards must be upheld. Grace, I still :heart: you, but if that sore is visible tomorrow, I'll be forced to report you. Nasty. Love, J~ "- Janine I didn't even ask her it would be okay to put her on super blast :/ I hope she doesnt mind

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO she's funny!

Trè Thom said...

I always enjoy a good piece of art...

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

she's a very well spoken person, thanks for the new hook up neb

Janine said...

:Blushes: Thanks, Neb.

Anonymous said...

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anonymous said...

ok so ur homegirl j gets a gold star!
shes spectacular.
plus she knows good music - emily king *brap *brap*

~lissa

ps: btw, i love what you've done with the place...made it all batchelor pad ish for andy and shit.